Harbour Consents and Maintenance Dredging

Please refer to the information in this section if you intend to carry out any works within the Southampton Harbour Area (for example, any form of construction, installing pontoons or piles, laying buoys or deploying temporary scientific equipment on the seabed).

If you are a berth holder and wish to carry out any form of dredging (however minor you may consider the works to be), it is likely that you will require both a licence from the MMO, and consent from the Harbour Authority before work commences. Failure to obtain such licences may be a criminal offence.

We have provided comprehensive information on this site to guide you through the process - please use the menu on the left of this page to find out more.